Tips for First-Timers
If you are attending the AUTM Annual Meeting for the first time, here are some helpful tips from seasoned attendees:
- Wear a new Member or first-time attendee ribbon on your badge. Mentors and AUTM leadership do their best to welcome and talk with everyone they see who is wearing this ribbon.
- Participate in the First-Time Attendee Briefing and Reception on Sunday, February 20, in the Jefferson Ballroom, Third Floor, from 4 to 5 p.m.
- Attend the many roundtable discussions for an informal discussion on topics of interest.
- Meet new people in a casual atmosphere by attending the receptions.
- Use AUTM Connect to meet with people from other organizations or form a dinner group for informal networking.
- Visit the AUTM Connect Help Desk located at Chemin Royale, First Floor, or view the tutorial on the app.
- Visit the AUTM Member Booth in the Exhibit Hall in the Grand Salon, First Floor, to learn how to get involved.
- Attend a variety of sessions to get a feel for the diverse programming content offered at the AUTM Annual Meeting.
The educational tracks are organized into 10 tracks. Here are sessions you should plan to attend:
- Industry Roundtable: Open Mic Discussion
- Business Side of the License - Part 1 and 2
- Leadership Tips for New Technology Transfer Supervisors
- Get the Latest on Tech Transfer Advocacy Issues
- Building and Growing Mentorship Networks to Enhance Commercialization Participants and Outcomes
- How to Measure and Communicate the Impact and Value of What we do
- Emerging Trends In Technology Commercialization
- So Much Tech Marketing, So Little Time