Your Safety and Wellbeing
While Omicron has us all rightfully on guard, the location for the Meeting, New Orleans, boasts excellent COVID-19 vaccination rates. As of the beginning of the year, 92.7 percent of the adults in New Orleans have initiated vaccination and 81.4% of them are fully vaxed, according to the City of New Orleans Office of the Mayor. You can read about NOLA’s enhanced guidelines at Coronavirus - NOLA Ready.
To attend this year's Annual Meeting, you must provide proof of vaccination or a negative test within three days of the start of the Meeting. That data will be collected and stored privately by Accushield, a third-party vendor.
- Beginning February 1, be aware that New Orleans is requiring proof of two doses of the COVID vaccine, except for those who have received the Johnson & Johnson vax, or a negative PCR, molecular, or antigen test within 72 hours at restaurants, bars, and other businesses.
In the vein of transferring technology, not viruses, AUTM is putting into place protocols to keep you and your colleagues as safe as possible at the Annual Meeting.
- Masks are required indoors at the Meeting, unless you’re actively eating or drinking. Hotel staff are also required to wear masks and undergo regular testing.
- Attendees will be asked to practice social distancing when selecting seats at Meeting plenaries and panel sessions.
- AUTM will be instituting a system of colored badge stickers that allow you to signal to others whether you want to be in close contact or remain 6 feet apart (Red…let’s keep our distance. Yellow….elbow bumps are cool. And Green…go ahead, give me a hug).
- Find you’re not feeling well? A room will be set aside throughout the Meeting where medical staff will be ready to assist you with basic health needs. In addition, they will offer COVID-19 onsite rapid antigen tests. The tests are offered at $60 per test. Fees (via cash and credit card) are the responsibility of the person being tested. Test results will be available in as little as 30 minutes and delivered via email and text message. No appointment is necessary.
The situation is, of course, ever-changing and AUTM is monitoring the local and national environment daily. We hope the combination of the local protocols in New Orleans and our enhanced safety provisions will make it a comfortable environment for everyone who attends.
Test Before You Leave Home: For your own peace of mind, consider taking a COVID-19 test before you depart for New Orleans.
AUTM is working to keep everyone safe and allow a much needed Meeting to support the success of you and other tech transfer professionals.