AUTM is committed to providing meeting attendees with needed assistance. Indicate your accessibility related needs during the registration process to help us help you.
Personal Care Assistant Policy
Personal care assistants attending the meeting with you do not need to register. If your assistant will be attending coffee/tea breaks, lunches or receptions with you and have food or beverages provided by the meeting, we ask that you pay for an “Accompanying Person”. Please contact Melissa Weber for additional information and fees.
Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina
333 West Harbor Drive
San Diego, California, USA, 92101
Tel: +1 619-234-1500
All levels of the host hotel are accessible by elevators. The Annual Meeting will primarily take place on two levels in the North Tower. Concurrent sessions will be held in the Marriott Grand Ballroom and San Diego Ballroom on the Lobby Level and in the Pacific Ballroom on Level One. Breaks will be held in the Exhibit Hall in the Pacific Ballroom on Level One, and lunches and plenary sessions will be held in the Marriott Grand Ballroom on the Lobby Level. The Registration Desk will be in the foyer outside the Marriott Grand Ballroom on the Lobby Level. The Exhibit Hall will be located in the Pacific Ballroom on Level One and and AUTM Connect Meeting tables will be located in the Marriott Grand Ballroom on the Lobby Level. Lounge chairs are available in the Lobby Level but is not a quiet area. Wheelchair accessible restrooms are located on all levels.
View Host Hotel Maps
Accessible Areas with Accessible Routes from Public Entrance
- Accessible Entrance to On-Site Pool
- Entrance to On-Site Business Center is Accessible
- Entrance to On-Site Fitness Center is Accessible
- Main Entrance is Accessible
- Meeting Spaces are Accessible
- On-Site Restaurants are Accessible
- Room and Suites Access through the Interior Corridor
Guest Room Accessibility
- Accessible Vanities
- Adjustable Height Hand-Held Shower Wand
- Alarm Clock Telephone Ringers
- Bathtub Grab Rails
- Bathtub Seat
- Closed Caption TV
- Deadbolts on Guest Room and Suites Doors
- Electronic Room Key
- Flashing Door Knockers
- Guest Room and Suites Doors Self-Closing
- Guests in mobility-accessible rooms may inquire about lowering the bed height
- Hearing Accessible Rooms and/or Kits
- Lever Handles on Guest Room Doors
- Lowered Deadbolts on Guest Room Doors
- Lowered Electrical Outlets
- Lowered Night Guards on Guest Room Doors
- Lowered Viewports in Guest Room Doors
- Mobility accessible rooms
- Non-slip Grab Rails in the Bathroom
- Roll-in Shower
- Room Windows Open
- Safety Chains and/or Latches on Guest Doors
- Secondary Locks on Room Windows
- TTY/TTD Compatible
- Toilet Seat at Wheelchair Height - Toilet for Disabled
- Viewports in Guest Room and Suites Doors
Accessible Hotel Features
Accessible on-site parking
- Property has elevators
- Self Operating lift or a sloped entry in hotel swimming pools
- Service Animals are Welcome
- Valet parking for vehicles outfitted for drivers in wheelchairs
- Van Accessible on-site parking
Closed Captioning and Translation Services
Real-time, closed captioning of all Plenary Sessions will be available in English and will also be available as transcripts following the sessions.
Hearing Enhanced Headsets
Hearing-enhanced headsets will be available in the rear of each educational session room, or by emailing AUTM in advance.
Microphones will be used by speakers and will be available for audience participation.
A space is available for those who need to take a moment for quiet time or meditation during the Meeting. We ask that cell phones be turned off while in the room, and conversations be kept to a bare minimum.
A private area is available for nursing mothers. The room is comfortably furnished and equipped with refrigeration for milk storage. Visit the AUTM registration desk to obtain a key for this secure area.
Accessible restrooms are available on each level of the hotel and are near the meeting spaces.
San Diego Accessibility
Visit Accessible Travel in San Diego, or Transportation Resources for Visitors with Disabilities for complete information.
While "walking" is not required, there is a considerable amount of moving throughout the hotel during the course of the meeting.
The hotel has a level entrance with automatic doors and the route to the elevators is level. Elevators lead to the guest and meeting rooms. Multiple wheelchair-accessible guest rooms are available, each with a walk-in shower or tub and grab rails. Meeting rooms are large enough to accommodate wheelchair access. Volunteer assistance will be available (on request) to help with meals and there will be space for wheelchairs at the lunch tables.