Tips for First-Timers
If you are attending the AUTM Annual Meeting for the first time, here are some helpful tips from seasoned attendees:
- Wear a new Member or first-time attendee ribbon on your badge. Mentors and AUTM leadership do their best to welcome and talk with everyone they see who is wearing this ribbon.
- Participate in the First-Time Attendee Briefing and Reception
- Attend the many roundtable discussions for an informal discussion on topics of interest.
- Meet new people in a casual atmosphere by attending various receptions.
- Use AUTM Connect to meet with people from other organizations or form a dinner group for informal networking.
- Visit the AUTM Connect Help Desk or view the tutorial on the app to make the most of your app experience.
- Visit the AUTM Member Booth in the Exhibit Hall to learn how to get involved with the tech transfer community.
- Attend a variety of sessions to get a feel for the diverse programming content offered at the AUTM Annual Meeting.
The educational tracks are organized into 8 tracks. Here are just a few sessions you should plan to attend:
- ChatGPT and Generative AI -- What is it and how to Monetize it?
- Hidden Founders: Diversifying Entrepreneurship and Closing the Pipeline Gap
- Mastering Master Agreements
- Accelerating Research Translation: A Global Perspective
- And the Award Goes to: The Benefits of Applying for Awards
- Compliance as a Team Sport
- Career Growth for the Operations Professional