||Goal 1 — Empower Membership: AUTM members will have the knowledge, tools, connections, and training they need to be successful.
- Develop and provide resources and support for every career stage, across all organization sizes and types, with a diversity of subject matter.
- Create, grow and cultivate AUTM’s Body of Knowledge.
- Deliberately evolve AUTM products, tools, and services to ensure relevance to members and stakeholders.
- Improve accessibility of resources.
Goal 2 — Promote the Value Across the Breadth of Technology Transfer: Stakeholders will support the advancement of Technology Transfer because they understand it and its value to society.
- Execute a unified strategic communications plan for internal and external stakeholders to ensure awareness and a positive brand image of AUTM.
- Leverage relationships with stakeholder groups to improve the understanding of the societal benefit and economic impact across the breadth of technology transfer.
- Broaden the definition of success across the breadth of contemporary technology transfer.
- Increase understanding and support of the role of technology transfer among senior university administrators, policy makers, and the general public.
- Promote the value of professional recognition and credentials.
||Goal 3 — Advocate: AUTM will support initiatives worldwide that contribute to a favorable environment for technology transfer.
- Ensure the integrity of enabling legislation, such as the Bayh-Dole Act.
- Contribute to the robustness of intellectual property systems.
- Facilitate engagement in policy development.
- Collaborate with organizations focusing on shared issues.
||Goal 4 — Grow and Diversify: AUTM will remain relevant and sustainable.
- Engage with industry to add value to Goals 1, 2 and 3.
- Expand partnerships with organizations that complement
AUTM’s mission and that add value to Goals 1, 2 and 3.
- Broaden AUTM’s sources of revenue to ensure a strong and stable organization.