Is Your Start-up's Business Plan Worth $10,000?
Photo: Congratulations to HiberSense--a network of smart thermostats adjusting the climate in every room—winner of the $10,000 top prize!
|Sponsored in part by
AUTM and the National Council of Entrepreneurial Tech Transfer (NCET2)
have partnered to produce Pitch and Play – AUTM Venture Challenge session at the 2019 Annual Meeting. The business plan competition allows academic-affiliated start-up companies to pitch their business opportunities to a panel of seasoned venture investors in pursuit of a $10,000 cash prize
. The event gives entrepreneurs valuable experience and feedback to our start-up finalists.
Cory Acuff, University of Georgia
Eric Breese, Investment Manager, Evonik
DJ Nag, Ventech Solutions
Melissa Singh, Fannin Innovation Studio
Tony Stanco, Executive Director, NCET2
- Greppo Technologies
- HiberSense, Inc WINNER
- Nano Liquid Solutions, LLC
Finalists will receive:
- Reimbursement of up to $1,000 for travel expenses, including hotel costs, for the AUTM 2019 Annual Meeting;
- One complimentary registration for the AUTM 2019 Annual Meeting and complimentary use of AUTM’s partnering software, AUTM ConnectTM, at the Annual Meeting;
- The opportunity to present to a panel of venture investors and obtain critical and constructive feedback; and
- The opportunity to discuss his or her business and get feedback from partners in the venture community.
- The first place start-up company receives a $10,000 cash prize.
- The winner is announced at AUTM Annual Meeting and via a press release.
- Submission deadline was Friday, November 2, 2018