Save the Date!
September 12 - 15, 2021
Oak Brook, Illinois
Note: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, AUTM's 2020 Essentials Course has been postoned. Please save-the-date and join us for the 2021 Essentials Course.
Everyone who attends the AUTM Essentials Course, regardless of background or level of experience, leaves with a deeper understanding of the fundamental goals and processes of academic technology transfer.
This course builds the fundamental skills and resources necessary to evaluate inventions and negotiate license agreements. The workshops are designed to follow the full lifecycle of the invention, patenting and licensing process: evaluation of invention disclosures, triage, patenting, IP marketing, valuation, and license negotiation to established companies and start-ups. The Essentials Course uses a mix of instruction, case discussions and small-group interactions to maximize useful learning and networking opportunities.
What Past Attendees Had to Say:
- “A great course, especially for those who are newly entering the field.”
- “An unforgettable experience for my career start in tech transfer.”
- “The course was fantastic, and meeting folks was a true highlight."
- “The meeting format was really engaging"
- “I gained important skills.”
- "Incredible networking opportunities.”
- “Overall, a great course.”
If you have questions about the course, email Sandra Elery, Professional Development Coordinator, or call +1-847-686-2280. For registration information email Customer Service, or call +1-847-686-2244.