Defining the Tech Transfer Office of the Future
12:00 – 1:15 PM EST
- Doug Hockstad, University of Arizona
- Ian D. McClure, University of Kentucky
- Keith Marmer, University Utah
- Robin Raisor, Duke University
While there is no one-size-fits-all model for tech transfer offices at universities, many are moving beyond the transactional and expanding the scope and responsibilities to demonstrate impact. As more and more departments touch entrepreneurship and innovation, tech transfer offices must identify new ways to partner for success, compete for resources, seek in funding opportunities, define the role within the academic innovation ecosystem, and earn a seat at the table.
Join us for a presentation and robust discussion on what the future holds for the profession including:
- Should tech transfer offices’ roles move towards or away from transactional work? How do we transition from technology transfer to innovation management?
- How do tech transfer offices fit in the expanding role and size of the academic innovation ecosystems?
- What non-traditional funding opportunities exist for growth?
- Who do we primarily serve: the faculty or the technology?