Healthcare Investments and Exits 2021 Annual Report
Noon – 1:15 p.m. EST
Milo Bissin — Silicon Valley Bank
Take a deep dive into Silicon Valley Bank’s 2021 Annual Report with their Medical Device and Healthtech portfolio director. The report recaps 2020 healthcare venture investment and exit activity, and sheds light on trends and predictions for 2021.
- Investment in venture-backed companies rose 47% to a record level of $51B.
- The third quarter of 2020 set a high-water investment mark of $15 billion, the largest healthcare investment quarter ever recorded.
- Health tech deals surpassed biopharma for the first time ever (614 vs 570); however, biopharma investments remained number one with $24.5B.
- The number of IPOs in the biopharma, health tech, diagnostic/tools and medical devices sectors set or tied record numbers. Post-IPO performance for the IPO class of 2020 has been exceptional, with average performance of +100%.
Questions about AUTM's Webinars? Email Samantha Spiegel, AUTM Professional Development Manager, or call +1-202-960-1791.
- Understand the trends of healthcare venture investments and exit activities in 2020.
- Predict outcomes of Healthcare investments in 2021.