Technology Transfer: A Global Perspective
February 22 (Monday)
9am EST, 2pm CET, 11pm S. Korea, 4pm S. Africa
- Prof. Dr. Milton Lucídio Leão Barcellos, Partner at Leão Intellectual Property (Brazil)
- Dr. H Purushotham, DPIIT-IPR Chair Professor at Andhra University and Former Chairman & MD National Research Development Corporation (India)
- Mr. Sam Muk, President and CEO of the Korea Drug Development Fund (South Korea)
- Dr. Andrew Bailey, Senior Manager: Innovation, University of Cape Town (South Africa)
- Dr. Anji Miller, MSc, PhD, CLP, RTTP, Senior Business Manager – Technology Transfer, LifeArc (UK/Europe)
- Dr Ivy Chung, Director, Universiti of Malaya Center of Innovation & Commercialization & Associate Professor in the Department of Pharmacology (Malaysia)
- Dr Megan Aanstoos, Licensing and New Ventures Manager, Kentucky Commercialization Ventures (United States)
The global nature of technology transfer has never been more apparent, demonstrated most recently by the collaborative effort from all sectors to address COVID. As we continue to expand our global connections, an experienced global panel will share insights into tech transfer global practices and cultures. The focus will be on key technology transfer topics and how technology transfer professionals around the world address them.
- Obtain insight to global technology transfer culture and practice.
- Identify best practices for negotiation and conflict management involving other territories.
- Discuss global commercialization strategies.
- Compare legal challenges faced by TT professionals in the main global regions.