Online Registration is Open
June 23 – 26
Hyatt Regency Toronto
See Who's Attending
First-timers and tech transfer professionals alike will benefit by attending the 2019 Canadian Region Meeting in Toronto, where technology transfer and professional development take center stage. Be immersed in thought-provoking presentations, trending topics and networking in a collegial environment.
Register Now Hotel & Travel
5 Reasons to Attend
Among the Hottest Panels
- Networking with more than 150 tech transfer professionals
- Real world insights from seasoned industry experts
- Earn credits toward professional certification
- Additional programming (Valuation Course, Directors' Forum) for a deeper dive
- Get inspired
- Academic Research and Economic Nationalism: Squaring the Circle
- Partnership Strategies for Colleges and Small Offices: Best Practices and Learning
- Successfully Marketing University Inventions
- Trends in Life Science Inventions
- ...and more
- Valuation Course - Offers the fundamentals as specifically applied to academic licensing. The first half of the course examines concepts such as valuation versus pricing and risk, and then covers a series of valuation methodologies, including cost, industry standards (comparables), rules of thumb, discounted cash flow and equity. The first segment concludes with a review of payment structures within a license. The second half of the course consists of two real-world case studies.
- Directors’ Forum - This full-day working session is dedicated to the creation of a discussion paper outlining key issues for our community that can be used to raise awareness of critical opportunities and deficits with our own institutional leadership and subsequently with government. This will build on issues identified at last year's Directors’ Forum and the AUTM Canadian Program in Austin.
View the Schedule View the Program Guide
Need help making the case for attending the meeting? We can help. Tap into our Convince Your Boss toolkit.
View Convince Your Boss
Network Like a Pro
The Canadian Region Meeting features AUTM Connect, our partnering and networking app that enables users to create detailed organizational and personal profiles, search for other attendees, send and receive messages, and easily search for licensing and collaboration opportunities. Download AUTM Connect
A wide range of sponsorship opportunities are available for the 2019 Canadian Region Meeting. For details, email Madh Carson, AUTM Sponsorship and Exhibits Manager, or call +1-847-686-2362.
If you have questions about the meeting, email Sandra Elery, Professional Development Coordinator, or call +1-847-686-2280. For registration information email Customer Service, or call +1-847-686-2244.