Online Registration is Now Open
June 23 – 26
Hyatt Regency Toronto
First-timers and tech transfer professionals alike will benefit by attending the 2019 Canadian Region Meeting in Toronto, where technology transfer and professional development take center stage. Be immersed in thought-provoking presentations, trending topics and networking in a collegial environment.
5 Reasons to Attend
- Networking with more than 150 tech transfer professionals
- Real world insights from seasoned industry experts
- Earn credits toward professional certification
- Additional programming (Start-up Course, Directors' Forum) for a deeper dive
- Get inspired
Need help making the case for attending the meeting? We can help. Tap into our Convince Your Boss
View Convince Your Boss
Network Like a Pro
The Canadian Region Meeting features AUTM Connect, our partnering and networking app that enables users to create detailed organizational and personal profiles, search for other attendees, send and receive messages, and easily search for licensing and collaboration opportunities.
Among the Hottest Panels
- Academic Research and Economic Nationalism: Squaring the Circle
- Partnership Strategies for Colleges and Small Offices: Best Practices and Learning
- Successfully Marketing University Inventions
- Trends in Life Science Inventions
- Valuation Course: Offers the fundamentals as specifically applied to academic licensing. The first half of the course examines concepts such as valuation versus pricing and risk, and then covers a series of valuation methodologies, including cost, industry standards (comparables), rules of thumb, discounted cash flow and equity. The first segment concludes with a review of payment structures within a license. The second half of the course consists of two real-world case studies.
- Directors’ Forum: a full-day working session dedicated to creation of a Discussion Paper outlining key issues for our community that can be used to raise awareness of critical opportunities and deficits with our own institutional leadership and subsequently with government. This will build on issues identified at last year's Directors’ Forum and the AUTM Canadian Program in Austin.
That old proverb about all work and no play is true. So we're also planning some fun events to keep you engaged and entertained when you’re not busy exchanging business cards. Watch for updates via email.
A wide range of sponsorship opportunities
are available for the 2019 Canadian Region Meeting. For details, email Madh Carson, AUTM Sponsorship and Exhibits Manager, or call +1-847-686-2362.
If you have questions about the meeting, email Sandra Elery
, Professional Development Coordinator, or call +1-847-686-2280. For registration information email Customer Service, or call +1-847-686-2244.