Eats, Music, Nightlife and More
Columbus is a happening place. It is home to one of the largest universities in North America and one of the country’s top zoos. Plus, its municipal park system in considered one of the finest in the country. With so much to see and do, we thought it would be helpful to compile this handy list of noteworthy attractions to help you plan your visit. So make time in your schedule to explore what makes Columbus great!
Casual Eats & Treats
Local Breweries & Distilleries
- BrewDog - Their mission is to make other people as passionate about great craft beer as they are.
- Brothers Drake Meadery - Serving only Ohio made beer and spirits at the bar, and a unique cocktail menu. Plus a sound stage for hosting local and traveling independent music.
- Camelot Cellars - Make your own wine or enjoy several tasting options. Open Tuesday-Saturday.
- Columbus Ale Trail - Make a purchase at a listed brewery to get a stamp then earn free swag as you progress on the Ale Trail. Get stamped at all 39 locations and Columbus Ale Trail pennant will be waiting for you.
- High Bank Distillery - Micro distillery plus full kitchen on site.
- Hoof Hearted Brewing - Known for deft hop-wrangling and nude air guitar prowess. Specializing in fresh, high-quality liquids to help get a party poppin'.
- Land Grant Brewing - Painstakingly-crafted beer, powerful design, and a midwestern sports devotion in the historic Franklinton neighborhood.
- Middle West Spirts Distillery - A 16,000-square-foot, open-air distillery with spirits shop, educational venue and tasting room.
- North High Brewing - A taproom in what was once a 1917 Ford dealership. Full of historic Ohio architectural elements.
- Seventh Son Brewing - Producing exceptional beers in Columbus’ historic Italian Village.
- Watershed Distillery - Stop by to meet the team and taste their award-winning gin (also vodka, bourbon, brandy, and nocino!).
- Wolf’s Ridge Brewing - Craft brewery, restaurant and tap room located downtown.
Columbus is rising as a fashion mecca and has become fashion’s best-kept secret. As headquarters to retail giants like L Brands, Express, DSW and Abercrombie & Fitch, Columbus also has the third highest concentration of fashion designers behind only New York and Los Angeles. Explore
- Clippers Baseball - Home games on Saturday the 27th (7:15pm) and Sunday the 28th of July (4:05pm) against Gwinnett Stripers. Tickets start as low as $7.
- CoSi (science museum) - A nationally esteemed science center delivering "hands-on fun" learning.
- Columbus Museum of Art - Their mission is creating great experiences with great art for everyone.
- Columbus Zoo and Aquarium - Featuring over 10,000 animals, providing a journey for body and mind.
- Franklin Park Conservatory & Botanical Gardens - A premier botanical garden and home to the iconic John F. Wolfe Palm House (c.1895).
- German Village - A collection of independent businesses, offering quaint shops and dining in an historic Columbus neighborhood.
- North Market - Home to dozens of unique, independent merchants, farmers, and makers. Authentic Columbus!
- Ohio State House - A National Historic Landmark, offering guided tours.
- Short North - There is something for everyone in the Short North Arts District. Restaurants, galleries, shops and more.
- Zoombezi Bay (water park) - A 22.7 acre water park owned by the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium, just north of Columbus.
Other Helpful Links