Visit Newport Beach
From sunset cruises to surfing lessons, wine tastings to harbor-front promenades, Newport Beach offers great ways to relax, unwind and enjoy your stay in paradise.
Food & Drink
- Newport Beach City Arts Commission - The City Arts Commission encourages programs for the cultural enrichment of the community, including visual and performing arts activities, Concerts in the Parks, Shakespeare by the Sea, as well as arts education programs. The Commission also participates in the designation of historical landmarks, and reviews design elements for public sculpture.
- Balboa Island Museum - Thousands of visitors have enjoyed the museum’s exhibits which showcase the history of Balboa Island and Newport Beach. The Museum Store offers a collection of exclusive and other merchandise that represents the rich history of the area.
- Newport Beach Historical Society - The Newport Beach Historical Society (NBHS) connects people – past, present and future – by collecting, inspiring, educating, preserving and protecting the unique and vibrant history of the City of Newport Beach, including Balboa, Corona del Mar, Newport Harbor, its islands and offshore, the Back Bay, Newport Coast and Newport Mesa.
- Sherman Library & Gardens – This 2.2. acre horticultural oasis is set among patios and a conservatory linked together by wide brick wall ways, beds blooming with seasonal flowers and decorative tiled fountains.
Newport Beach restaurants beckon to be explored. Newport Beach, CA has been crowned Orange County’s top culinary community. Within each unique Newport Beach neighborhood, an explosion of culinary opportunities awaits on every corner. From sophisticated restaurants offering succulent steaks, seafood, and elaborate wine lists, to healthy eateries and hidden local gems, each neighborhood offers its own charming Newport Beach dining experiences to please your palate.
Being on the water can work up an appetite, enjoy fresh seafood at Bluewater Grill, The Cannery Seafood of the Pacific or Woody’s Wharf. The Dock is known for its outstanding wine selection and gourmet brunch. In the mood for a cocktail? Checkout the famous happy hour menus at Harborside Restaurant or Billy’s At The Beach. If you still have some energy, stop by A&O Restaurant | Bar inside the Balboa Bay Resort for live music.
- Whale Watching – Ocean Explorer Cruises offers private ship rentals, as well as whale watching cruises to get up close to whales breeching, foraging and caring for their young.
- Bike Rentals – Located at the Balboa Inn on Main Street, Seaside Bike Rentals has everything for the cycling enthusiast, including mens’, womens’ and children’s bikes, Surreys from Italy, Tandems, Beach Cruiser Bikes and Mountain Bikes.
- Surf School – Endless Sun Surf School is Newport Beach’s original surf school. Their instructors have taught thousands of people of all ages and abilities how to surf at one of California’s best learning beaches, the Newport Pier.
- Art Therapy OC – Therapeutic creative expression, Art Therapy OC offers personalized art sessions, family fun sessions and creative healthcare art workshops for all ages.
- Gondola Adventures – Offering small and large group options, Gondola Adventures offers appetizer, dinner and dessert cruises with the ultimate waterfront table.
- Balboa Island - A one-of-a-kind, man-made treasure, Balboa Island is a gem whether you drive, walk, bike or take the Balboa Island Ferry to the island. There are plenty of things to do on Balboa Island. Marine Avenue is home to chic coastal shops featuring unique nautical designs, stylish beach fashions, art and jewelry.
- Drawing inspiration from the sun and the sea, Lido Marina Village embodies the relaxed and luxurious California lifestyle with al fresco shopping, dining and sightseeing. Perfect for families, foodies and fashionistas, Lido House Hotel is walking distance to Lido Marina Village and is central to everything on Balboa Peninsula.
- The automotive and nautical heart of Newport Beach beats on this stretch of Pacific Coast Highway known as Mariner’s Mile and is home to million-dollar yachts and luxury cars. With several dealers, boaters can make a splash on a mega yacht or superyacht, two classes of top-of-the-line luxury yachts. Not in the market for your own vessel? Set sail on a tour with City Experiences. Learn to sail at Newport Sailing Adventures or cruise through canals on an Italian-inspired gondola with Gondola Adventures, Inc. Come here to rent a Duffy boat — think golf cart on water — to explore the harbor or take a romantic cruise through Mariner’s Mile canals in an Italian inspired gondola complete with serenading gondoliers.
- Crystal Cove State Park - Crystal Cove State Beach, located in Newport Beach, California, is best known for its rustic setting that stands in contrast to pristine, new homes and immaculate greens of the Pelican Hills Golf Club overlooking this wilderness oasis. Three beach areas below the bluffs include Reef Point (with access to two coves), Pelican Point (a 3.25-mile trail) and Los Trancos which offers access to a historic district of 1930s-style houses.