Your Safety and Wellbeing
To attend this year's Western Region Meeting, you must provide proof of vaccination or a negative test within three days of the start of the Meeting when you pick up your badge at the AUTM registration desk.
AUTM encourages attendees to wear masks during the meeting except when eating or drinking; however, masks are not required by guests at hotels or restaurants within the hotel or downtown Portland, nor are masks required to be worn by hotel or restaurant staff.
In the vein of transferring technology, not viruses, AUTM is putting into place protocols to keep you and your colleagues as safe as possible at the Western Region Meeting.
- Attendees will be asked to be mindful of social distancing when selecting seats at Meeting plenaries and panel sessions.
- AUTM has a system of colored badge stickers that allow you to signal to others whether you want to be in close contact or remain an appropriate distance.
- Red…let’s keep our distance.
- Yellow….elbow bumps are cool.
- Green…go ahead, give me a hug.
The situation is ever-changing and AUTM is monitoring the local and national environment daily. We hope the combination of the local protocols in Portland and our enhanced safety provisions will make it a comfortable environment for everyone who attends. For information on local government status of COVID-19 and requirements, visit the Portland COVID-19 Public Health Resources and Information page.
Test Before You Leave Home
For your own peace of mind, consider taking a COVID test before you depart for Portland.
AUTM is working to keep everyone safe and allow a much-needed Western Region Meeting to support the success of you and other tech transfer professionals.