Participate in Patent Examiner Training
The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) is partnering with AUTM to invite AUTM members from across the country to participate in the USPTO Patent Examiner Technical Training Program. This joint training and education effort calls upon AUTM members to provide specialized technical training to patent examiners who work in the various technologies examined throughout the USPTO. For universities, putting the patent examiners together with the AUTM members who can identify faculty to discuss advances in the state of the art, emerging scientific and industry trends, and recent innovations in the member’s field of research or expertise will result in more streamlined patent examination and quicker final disposition.
- Visit the Patent Examiner Technical Training Program (PETTP) website for further information on the program, how to participate and for more details on the technical areas that need specialized training from your faculty or subject experts.
- Review the information regarding the Patent Examiner Technical Training Program (PETTP) available on the USPTO website.
- The Standard Operating Procedures and the Invited Speaker Conflict of Interest policy statement also provided here.
- Complete the brief "request to participate" form.
- Once the request is accepted by the USPTO, an assigned USPTO lead will contact you and walk you through the process. Select your presenter and field of interest. A mutually agreed upon date and time will be determined.
Visit USPTO's PETTP website or email Wynn Coggins, Deputy Chief Administrative Officer at USPTO.