Still a Student? No Problem
As a student member of AUTM, you will enjoy a wealth of resources designed to help you kickstart your career in technology transfer. Here are just a few:
- Online Communities — connect anytime with peers and mentors focused solely on tech transfer
- Mentorship — establish one-on-one relationships with experts in the industry
- AUTM Learning Center — manage your professional development, continuing eduation and certificate programs
- Professional Development Courses — from beginning to advanced, offered year-round
- Webinars — stay up-to-date with access to more than 90 courses, including access to 20+ live webinars a year (a $3000 value)
- Technology Transfer Practice Manual — a vast library of best practices, sample policies and agreements
- Salary Survey — map your career with this detailed compensation report on 10 of the most common positions within tech transfer offices
- Career Center — find your dream job
- AUTM Newsletter — gain industry insights and learn about career resources and upcoming events
- AUTM Advantage — this exciting new program gives Member-only discounts on services you use every day
- Premium Subscription — the all new "AUTM on the AIR" podcast features weekly conversations about the impact of research commercialization and the people who make it happen. All AUTM Members have access to the premium subscription which includes bonus episodes on the tech transfer trends you love.
Student Membership Qualifications
Applicants for Student Membership must attach proof of status; i.e., a letter from an advisor. You will be considered for student membership if you are a full-time student or fellow at an institution of higher education or a resident in a resident-training program at a teaching hospital, whose educational experience involves activities relating either directly or indirectly to the administration of the institution’s intellectual property.
Important note: Before you begin the Student Membership application process, email your documentation verifying your student status to Customer Service. You can apply online or download the member application form to begin receiving Membership benefits!
AUTM’s Membership year is January 1 through December 31. New Members joining after October 1 will be considered Members through December 31 of the following year.