Building One-on-One Relationships to Fuel Professional Development
| If you're working from home these days, why not use the time that you previously spent commuting for something personally and professionally rewarding? Become an AUTM Mentor or Mentee! In just 1-2 hours per month (way less than your old commute) you can:
The next Mentorship Cohort will run from April to October 2022. Sign-up is easy! Simply complete the AUTM Mentorship profile here.
- Reinforce and grow your knowledge of technology transfer
- Develop additional leadership and management qualities
- Improve your communication skills
- Widen your network
- Benefit from a sense of fulfillment and personal growth
The AUTM Mentorship Program is an opportunity for early-stage and mid-career professionals with a thirst for knowledge to establish one-on-one relationships with experts in the industry to transfer knowledge of university technology management, exchange ideas and encourage professional development. There is no cost to participate in the program, but you must be an AUTM Member. Participants must commit to at least one hour per month, joining monthly program events, and completing a survey at the end of the program.
Why become a Mentor?
Why become a mentee?
- When you were first getting started in your career, others helped you find your way. Now you can help someone else find theirs.
- AUTM has always been about professional development and excellence. Being a mentor allows you to play your part as a Member.
- An opportunity to be exposed the new thoughts and fresh ideas from your mentee.
- Our profession is complex and constantly changing! A relationship with a mentor can offer you exposure to different experiences and ways of thinking as you tackle problems and challenges.
- You can gain guidance on how to grow and advance your career in technology commercialization from someone who has been in your shoes.
- You'll find a new sounding board and “reality check” for your approaches to dealing with career situations and challenges.
- This is your opportunity to grow your professional network through your mentor and their professional connections. Experienced people know other experienced people!