SIG: Frequently Asked Questions
Here’s the low down on our AUTM Special Interest Groups (SIG).
What is a SIG?
SIG stands for Special Interest Group. These are online communities of AUTM Members who share an interest in a particular topic. And while there are many great discussions on our Members Only board, SIGs allow you to take a deep dive on a specific topic.
Who can join a SIG?
Any current AUTM Member may participate in a SIG – no special handshake is required!
Sounds like just what I'm looking for! How do I join?
It's simple. Joining any of our SIGs is managed via your AUTM member profile. Here's what to do:
- Click on the Login dropdown at the top of the AUTM.net homepage
- Choose Edit Profile from the dropdown list
- On the welcome page, type in your username and password and click the orange sign in button
- On the Member Profile page, choose the SIG tab
- Select the box(es) of the SIG(s) you would like to join
- Click Save at the bottom of the page
- Allow up to 24 hours for your selections to activate
If you have questions about joining any AUTM SIG, email Association Administrator, Joanne Kubinski, or call +1-847-686-2296.
The pull down menu in my eGroups says click here to join, but nothing happens. What gives?
You cannot join a SIG via the community pages. To join, you must access your profile on the AUTM website. See the instructions above to make it happen.
May I join more than one SIG?
Of course! We know our members often wear many hats. Enrich your experience by choosing SIGs that are most relevant for you.
I am not receiving notifications from the SIG I joined. How do I check on that?
You have three options for receiving information from your SIG – real time
, a daily digest
or no email
. Set your preference for each SIG via the AUTM eGroup pages. Here's how:
What other settings can I change in eGroups?
- Go to the My Profile tab (it’s the last option in the gray menu bar)
- Choose Member Profile
- On this new page, click and hold the down arrow on the My Account tab
- Choose Community Notifications
- Under Notification Settings, you will see a list of all the Communities to which you belong, including your SIGs
- Using the drop down menu, choose how you want to be notified by each SIG
- Be sure to check that your correct email is on file!
- Allow 24 hours for changes to take effect
You can make your profile as robust as you’d like with many different options to choose from. BTW, don't skip this step, as it's a great way for other AUTM Members to learn more about you.
I have a suggestion for a new SIG. How do I make it happen?
AUTM has established a set of guidelines for SIGs, including how to start a new one.
View SIG Guidelines
I want to share a fantastic new product/service. May I promote it in a SIG?
We understand your enthusiasm, but promotion of goods and services is not allowed in SIGs. View our Code of Conduct