AUTM Honors Exceptional Volunteerism, Scholarship and Work with Awards at its 2021 Annual Meeting
Virtual — March 19, 2021 — AUTM this week recognized award and scholarship recipients at its 2021 Annual Meeting. This year’s winners include:
- The Bayh-Dole Award, which recognizes those who work to foster and promote intellectual property activities on behalf of the university and non-profit community. The winner of this year’s award is Dr. Walter G. Copan, former Under Secretary of Commerce for Standards and Technology and the Director of NIST. Click here to view the acceptance speech.
- The Chair’s Award, which recognizes outstanding and lasting contributions to AUTM. This year’s recipient is Dr. David Winwood from Louisiana State University. Click here to view the acceptance speech.
- AUTM’s Volunteer of the Year Award, which recognizes AUTM Members for their leadership and outstanding service to our community. This year’s winner is Megan Aanstoos (she/her) of Kentucky Commercialization Ventures. Click here to view the acceptance speech.
- AUTM’s 2021 Better World Project Award, which was awarded to Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile. Their tech transfer office's work on ThyroidPrint, the first molecular test for indeterminate thyroid nodules, garnered a majority of the 900 votes cast in the contest. You can view an interview with their team here.
- AUTM’s Howard Bremer Scholarship, which supports students and emerging professionals pursuing careers in technology transfer. Named to honor a pioneering member of the Association, the scholarship is awarded to those who — like Howard Bremer — strive to bring creativity and innovation to the profession.
This year’s winners are:
- Cortney Cavanaugh, University of Pennsylvania
- Chithra Krishnamurthy, University of Texas at Austin
- Alba Marrero, Puerto Rico Science, Technology & Research Trust
- Rosemary Kiser, California Institute of Technology (Caltech)
- Ruwaida Mohideen, Council for Scientific & Industrial Research
- Alexandria Mullins, Duke University
- Radhika Palkar, University of Southern California
- Krishna Patel, Mount Sinai Innovation Partners
- Elizabeth Sheckler, University of New Hampshire
- Jessica Trostel, Colorado State University
- Guru Venkatesan, University of Minnesota
Leef Smith Barnes
AUTM Marketing & Communications Director