AUTM Honors Volunteerism, Scholarship with Awards at its 2022 Annual Meeting
NEW ORLEANS, LA – February 23, 2022 – AUTM this week recognized award and scholarship recipients at its 2022 Annual Meeting. This year’s honors include:
- The Bayh-Dole Award, which recognizes those who work to foster and promote intellectual property activities on behalf of the university and non-profit community. The winner of this year’s award is Kelly Sexton, Associate Vice Chancellor, Research — Technology Transfer and Innovation Partner, University of Michigan.
- The Chair’s Award, which recognizes outstanding and lasting contributions to AUTM. This year’s recipient is Laura Schoppe, President of Fuentek.
- AUTM’s Volunteer of the Year Award, which recognizes AUTM Members for their leadership and outstanding service to our community. This year’s winner is Jeffrey E. Depp, University of Pittsburgh Graduate School of Public and International Affairs PhD Student and George Mason University C-IP2 - Thomas Edison Innovation Law and Policy Fellow.
- AUTM’s 2022 Better World Project Award, which honored Worcester Polytechnic Institute. Their work on recycling lithium-ion batteries was selected by a judging panel as one of three finalists and garnered a majority of the nearly 1,100 votes cast in the contest. You can view their winning story here. The two other finalists were:
- AUTM’s Howard Bremer Scholarship, which supports students and emerging professionals pursuing careers in technology transfer. Named to honor a pioneering member of the Association, the scholarship is awarded to those who — like Howard Bremer — strive to bring creativity and innovation to the profession. This year’s winners are:
- Fabiola Moreno, Binghamton University
- Michael Fiske, Northwestern University
- Daniel (Dianxiong) Zou, Washington University in St. Louis
AUTM is the nonprofit leader in efforts to educate, promote and inspire professionals to support the development of academic research that changes the world and drives innovation forward. Our community is comprised of more than 3,000 members who work in more than 800 universities, research centers, hospitals, businesses and government organizations around the globe. To learn more about AUTM, visit www.autm.net.
Leef Smith Barnes
Chief Marketing Officer