What is the Better World Project Award?
AUTM's Award competition recognizes technology transfer professionals worldwide who support a better world through the commercialization of academic research. The winner will receive one complimentary registration to the 2020 AUTM Annual Meeting in San Diego, California, a trophy and global promotion of their institution's work via AUTM.
How do I apply?
Any story submitted and or selected for publication in the Better World Project, between Jan. 1, 2018 and Sept. 31, 2019 will be entered in the contest. Submit your story now.
Submit Your Story
Who is eligible to submit a story?
Anyone can submit an innovation success story to the Better World Project database as long as four criteria are met:
- The featured technology is licensed.
- A product is for sale or a prototype is in use.
- The technology highlights a successful partnership between academia and industry.
- The technology has experienced a major milestone since 2014 (a start-up was formed, a product was released, venture funding round was closed, a regulatory milestone was achieved, etc.).
Technologies will be judged by a panel made-up of AUTM's Better World Project Committee members and will be scored based on the following criteria:
When will the prize be awarded?
- Relevance - The technology effectively addresses a recognized need.
- Impact - The technology has significantly impacted the population to help make a better world.
- Collaboration - The technology is in use today because of the key support of academic technology transfer.
Entries will be judged the first week of October, 2019. A winner will be announced by Nov. 1, 2019.
Is there a cost to enter?
- Recognition will be awarded to the winning technology transfer office for its support of the innovation.
Not this year.
For questions, contact AUTM Chief Marketing Officer Leef Smith Barnes