Tips for First-Timers
If you are attending the AUTM Annual Meeting for the first time, here are some helpful tips from seasoned attendees:
- Participate in the First-Time Attendee Briefing and Reception on Sunday, February 19, in the Lone Star Ballroom D, Level Four, from 4 to 5 p.m.
- Wear a new Member or first-time attendee ribbon on your badge. Mentors and AUTM leadership do their best to welcome and talk with everyone they see who is wearing this ribbon.
- Attend the many roundtable discussions for an informal discussion on topics of interest.
- Meet new people in a casual atmosphere by attending the receptions.
- Use AUTM Connect to meet with people from other organizations or form a dinner group for informal networking.
- Visit the AUTM Connect Help Desk located at Registration in Lone Star East Foyer, Level Three.
- Visit the AUTM Member Booth in the Exhibit Hall in Griffin Hall, Level Two, to learn how to get involved.
- Attend a variety of sessions to get a feel for the diverse programming content offered at the AUTM Annual Meeting.
The educational tracks are organized into 10 tracks. Here are some recommended sessions you can plan to attend:
- Top 10 Court Decisions of the Year Affecting Licensing
- Business Side of a License – Parts 1 & 2
- University Affiliated Venture Funds: Building Alumni-led Venture Funds for University Startups
- Secrets of the Trade: Practical Tips for Social Innovation Magic
- How to Collect Data to Understand Your University's Equity, Diversity, and Inclusivity Metrics
- Roundtable on the Intersection of IP and AI Research at Universities
- Stack the Odds: Best Practices in Startup Policies
- Holistic Approach to Industry Partnerships
- How to Communicate with Administration About Protecting Your University’s IP
- The Changing Tech Transfer Landscape for the Operations Professional