AUTM's ED&I Statement
AUTM is committed to fostering diversity and inclusion within its Membership and the technology transfer profession. Diversity encompasses, but is not limited to: race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity, age, physical or medical condition, military and veteran status, socioeconomic status, marital and familial status, and sexual orientation. With greater diversity, we can be more just, effective, and creative by bringing varied perspectives, experiences, backgrounds, talents and interests to AUTM. We recognize that to fully and equitably support the pursuit of equal justice, inclusion, and integrity, AUTM must reflect the full spectrum of the world.
AUTM pledges to:
- focus on fairness, diversifying our leadership, and acting with integrity,
- hold Association leaders and Membership responsible for its practices and actions,
- consider and give weight to the diversity and inclusion practices of service providers when selecting those with whom we will do business, and
- increase the diversity of our organization and programming.
We believe that all Members of AUTM should have the opportunity to participate equally and fully. In order to accomplish this, we agree to provide equity, diversity and inclusion programs, and participate in efforts designed to further the goals of this diversity statement and call to action.
Our Core Values
- Listen first, then listen more
- Embrace diversity: Incorporate and engage people with different ideas, strengths, interests, and backgrounds.
- Collaboration: Leverage and integrate collective genius.
- Inclusion: Create a culture of warmth where everyone is welcome and can have a sense of belonging, beyond just presence.
- Equal justice: Do the right thing and uplift one another.
- Innovation: Look for and implement strategies to enhance experiences for everyone.
- Leadership: Aim for minimum of 30% historically underrepresented minorities in positions of leadership (Mansfield 3.0 Rule).
- Responsibility: Be considerate and thoughtful when implementing new ideas.
- Integrity: Act in an honest, transparent, open, ethical, and equitable manner.